1. What‘s the day job?
I have had so many jobs, I’ve been a children’s entertainer, a florist, wedding planner, tattoo studio manager, 9-5 office jobs but now I’m an Optical Consultant at a major High St Opticians.
2. How do you fit in Roller Derby with your home life?
It IS my life.
3. How long have you been a member of BBD?
At the the of writing, just over four years.
4. How/Why did you choose your Derby name?
I wanted to use my real name, and wanted something edgy, not cute or cheesy. I do like a good pun and after ousting various ideas, Ann T Venom was chosen. This was back in the day when we had to have unique names and half the ones I came up with had already been taken!
5. What’s the best thing about being a Dame?
Everyone is equal, rookie and veteran. There is no divide. Also the travel opportunities and just general good times!
6. It’s a tough sport – have you had any major injuries?
Broken ribs, sprained thumbs. So no.
7. What’s your position in the Dames?
A Team Jammer, Training coordinator and travel boss along with Cinderwrecker.
8. Does the company you work for support your involvement in the Dames?
9. How do your family feel about your involvement with Derby? do they worry about injury etc?
I have a very small family. They love it. I think they just enjoy seeing me involved in something I love. I am yet to get my mum to come and watch a bout but I’m working on it.
10. With #ThisGirlCan BBD have had ‘fresh meat’ days to expand the Dames – how do you feel about this batch of Rookies?
All the rookies are great.
11. What is it about Derby that is so addictive?
The adrenaline, the good times, the wonderful friends and everything in-between.